Tuesday, December 24, 2013

New Year, New Leaf, New Me.

I usually write this on New Year's Eve but today I have decided I need to write it on Christmas Eve. This is a present to myself, all of these actions will be for me and only me.  

Resolutions: 

1. I am going to be nicer to everyone. The phrase "you catch more flies with honey than vinegar" is going to be one of my main focuses this year. The thing is I am even extending this to those who have wronged me in the past also.  (And hoping some of those who I have wronged read this, might be encouraged to reach out to me...) but I am going to try to be a better person. I am not saying everyday is going to be perfect but it is going to be better than this year. 

2. I am challenging myself to wear make up every day, even if it is just mascara. I am goin to wear it. I am finding the days that I look beautiful are the days that I feel beautiful and have a more pleasant attitude. 

3. I am going to read at least two books a month. I am a slow reader :/. 

4. I am going to give up a few hours of tv for excerise and other activities that don't really require a television. 

5. I am going to work out more. By this time next year I would love to have a sculpted stomach and some defined arms. I want to be healthy not skinny. 

6. I am going to live everyday with no regrets. Life is too short for all the crap I have going on in it. I am going to take trips, volunteer and do things with my life while I  am young. I won't live forever. 

This is only the beginning. Most of these focus on me but i think that's what I need. I spend so much time worrying about others that it effects relationships I have and it isn't fair. I need to focus on one thing and get that stable before adding any more to my crazy wonderful life. 

Bring it on 2014. 


No comments:

Post a Comment